Imagine feeling on top of your finances. Knowing you’re in a position to enjoy your life today, while also saving for tomorrow. A better cashflow could help.
Here’s what you can start doing today to help you feel on top of your finances.
Step 1. Set some goals
Work out what you’d like to achieve in life. It’s a good way to help shape how you spend your money in the long term. Also, rresearch suggests that setting goals can help you become happier and more positive as well as eliminate some triggers of financial stress.
Step 2. Get a better understanding of your spending habits
Take a step back and look at your money coming in and going out. This will help you become clear on where your sticking points are, like the common times you find yourself short.
Step 3. Create a workable budget
Build a budget that fits your lifestyle and priorities. Once you’ve crunched the numbers, you can then look at areas to make some savings.
Step 4. Compare your providers
List your current providers for things like your home loan, bank accounts, credit cards, mobile phone, internet and utilities. Understand the costs, then look around for better deals.
Step 5. Review your insurances
Work out whether you have the right type and level of insurances, and how you can make savings.
Step 6. Get on top of your super
It’s important to think about super as soon as possible. Many Australians will be looking at a retirement of 30 years or more, and the Age Pension alone is unlikely to be enough.
Step 7. Embrace online services
This is where you can simplify the time it takes to look after your finances so you can get on with the rest of your life. There are a range things you can do:
- Set up direct debits so your bills are paid on time
- Switch to electronic communications (some providers actually charge for paper-based communications)
- Download apps that can help you access your finances on the move
- Check and update your details, so your providers don’t lose track of you
- Set up a good online filing system, and make sure you back it up!
Step 8. Talk to an expert.
Asking friends and relatives for advice is great, but what works for one person may not work for someone else. At CA we are there to help you set up your money for growth in the long term, while also helping you meet the needs of today.
We’re here to help –
Just give us a call today on 02 9955 7288 or drop us an email at email@example.com, and ask us how we can help you improve your cash flow, build a plan to meet your financial goals and set up regular check-ins, to make sure you continue to head in the right direction.
Subscribe to CAFSG News
- 2019 EOFY Tax Deductions Checklist
- Five good reasons for seeking financial advice
- Rentvesting – Millennials can still enter the property market without sacrificing their your current lifestyle
- Eight steps to improve your cash flow… and lifestyle in 2018!
- Why you shouldn’t lodge your tax return before July 31st